We hope this finds you and your family in good health. While many things have changed, we are committed to your safety and health.
By its very nature, massage and bodywork requires skin-to-skin contact and you should be familiar with the fact that infection control has always been a top priority for Dawn’s Touch. As we navigate life with additional requirements and modify existing measures due to the coronavirus, please help us to support all of our clients and staff by cooperating with some new requirements.
These protocols follow Practice Guidelines recommended by the Federation of State Massage Therapy Boards (FSMTB), along with infection control recommendations made by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA).
We have made the following changes to help protect our clients and staff.
- You will be asked to complete an intake questionnaire prior to each appointment to obtain updates on your health information and ask you specifically about your potential exposure to COVID-19. This form also has an informed consent form that states, “I understand that close contact with people increases the risk of infection from COVID-19. By signing this form, I acknowledge that I am aware of the risks involved and give consent to receive massage from a member of the MTC therapist team.”
- When you arrive at the office, we ask that you wait in your vehicle and call us to notify us of your arrival. The front desk staff will call you when it’s time to come in. This ensures that we don’t have too many people in the reception area at one time.
- You will be greeted at the door and receive a no touch thermal temperature screening to confirm that you don’t have a fever.
- If you feel ill on the day of your session, there is no penalty for canceling your appointment. Massage is not advised if you have any symptoms of illness.
- Please bring a face mask to use while you are in the building and during your massage. If you don’t have one, we have them available for $1 at the front desk.
- There is a hand-sanitizer available in the reception area that we’ll ask you to use when you enter the office. You will also find hand sanitizer in other places in the office for you to use as needed. You will be encouraged to wash your hands once you’ve checked in and before you go into your session.
We look forward to seeing you and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we’ve taken to keep you, and every client, safe.